Who is it for?
This 1 day REFRESHER course is suitable for professionals who are already competent in their Train the Trainer practices and want to update their knowledge and skills. The course will update on the following areas:
- Anatomy of the Spine and Types of Injuries
- Biometrics & Ergonomics
- Safe Lifting Techniques – L.I.T.E
- Lifting Objects
- Key Elements of People Moving
- Manual Handling Law and A.C.O.P.S Guidance
- Manual Handling Responsibilities and the Law
- Risks and Controls related to People Moving
- People Moving – Risk Assessments/ Personal Plan
- People Moving – Controversial Techniques
- People Moving – Good Techniques
- Practical Sessions and Assessments in People Moving
Candidates will be assessed throughout the course and at the end to ensure competency and the course is certificated. Candidates will also be asked to produce evidence of training when booking of this course.