Who is this course for?
This course is a must for practitioners and managers working with Adults in all Health & Social Care organisations.
- Overview of the Mental Capacity Act and Mental Health Act with a review of recent case law
- What is meant by restriction as opposed to deprivation of liberty? A guide
- Look at the procedures for obtaining urgent and standard authorisations
- A practical guide looking at the documentation under existing MCA and DoLS and exploring in detail the Cheshire West Ruling implications in a wide range of settings
- Forthcoming changes to Mental Capacity Act and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards
This course will explore the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards and examine the practical implications in your day to day work. There will be a mixture of theory and practical sessions and delegates will have the opportunity to raise issues and concerns specific to their own practice and is certificated as attendance only.
Course Cost: £120.00 plus vat