What is it?
This 2 day accredited course will help you recognise and understand Mental Health conditions and how to recognise it in colleagues, giving you the confidence to support colleagues in the workplace who are in distress.
This course is for people who would like to become a Mental Health First Aider in their workplace.
What does this course cover?
This course covers the following topics:
- What is Mental Health First Aid?
- How does it impact?
- Mental Health Stigma and Discrimination?
- Mental Health Disorders covered will vary:
- Anxiety & Depression – Overview of Conditions e.g Bipolar, Symptoms, Risk Factors and Depression in Workplace
- Suicide – Dealing with crisis
- Drugs and Alcohol – Symptoms and in the workplace
- Disorders – Personality, Eating, Self Harm
- Phychosis – What is Psychosis, Risk Factors, Treatment and covering an overview of conditions e.g Schizophrenia
- Crisis First Aid for acute conditions, how to assess situations and support.
- Action Planning for using MHFA in workplace
After undertaking this programme, Mental Health First Aiders will have:
- An indepth understanding of Mental Health and the factors that can affect well-being
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of Mental Health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- Enhance interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help someone to recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether that is self-help resources through their employer, the NHS or both
- A nationally recognised qualification issued by Mental Health England
Please Note: This course focuses on employees in the workplace and covers subjects that some people may find distressing, including suicide and self-harm. If a delegate feels that they are not sure if they can continue on the course, they can leave the course at any time. If you would like to discuss the course content in more detail beforehand, please do contact us and we can send through the full programme to you so that you can make an informed choice before booking. *PLEASE NOTE: Dates may change due to numbers*
How much does it cost?
This 2 day course costs £199 plus VAT.
This includes a Mental Health First Aid manual, certification, refreshments and light lunch both days